Responsible gaming is the pillar of successful and sustainable bingo gaming
We at UK Bingo Sites are doing our best to help our readers get the most entertainment and quality time out of bingo. However, we feel that we have a responsibility to remind our users on how to spot potential problems within their own behaviour.
Developing a gambling addiction is never acceptable. If you notice any of the following, we will advise you to stop and reconsider your own gaming:
- You find yourself spending too much time playing.
- You play for money that you cannot afford to lose.
- You do not quit when you are ahead.
- You take loans in order to continue playing.
- You are playing to recover from losses.
- Gaming starts to become more important to you than family and friends.
- You find yourself having to raise the stakes in order to get excited.
Why UK Bingo Sites promotes Responsible Gaming
Responsible Gambling is bigger of a topic than ever before. And, according to us, we couldn’t have reached this point any sooner. We at UK Bingo Sites hold responsible gambling measures of such importance that we’ve even added the factor to our BingoRanking Algorithm. We’re the only ones who consider responsible gambling measures when ranking bingo sites. It’s 1 of the 7 factors of a bingo site that we consider in our rankings. In fact, a bingo site needs to have 7 measures to receive a full score on the Responsible Gambling aspect.
For a bingo site to receive a 5-star rating on Responsible Gambling it has to offer the following measures:
- Direct link to a help organization
- Financial limits
- Online transaction history
- Self-assessment test
- Time-out period
- Reality-check reminder
As you can imagine, there aren’t too many bingo sites online that we award with 5 stars for taking active measures towards responsible gambling.
How to prevent a gambling problem from developing?
We always recommend setting game limits using the bingo site's internal tools. In addition, keep in mind the following guidelines:
If you run into gaming problems, there is help available all over the world. Players struggling with gaming problems, or even their loved ones, are able to contact many different options in English. All provide information, help and support.
Help Organizations around the world
- The National Council on Problem Gambling (USA)
- 1800GAMBLER (USA)
- International Suicide Prevention Hotline
- GambleAware (UK)
- BeGambleAware (UK)
- GamCare (UK)
- Gamblers Anonymous (UK)
- Canadian Resources for Those Affected by Problem Gambling (CA)
- Canada Safety Council (CA)
- Problem Gambling (CA)
- Stödlinjen (SWE)
- Spelberoendes Riksförbund (SWE)
- ChoiceNotChance (NZ)
- GamblingHelpline (NZ)
- PGF (NZ)
- Gambling Help Online (AU)
- Gamblers Help (AU)
- LifeLine (AU)
- Spillemyndiheden (DEN)
- Hjelpelinjen (NOR)
- Adictel Prevention Addiction (FRA)
- Gluecksspielsucht Problem Gambling (GER)
- Caritas A G Counselling Centre (HKG)
- GambleAware Ireland (IRE)
- Korea Center for Gambling Problems (KOR)
- Responsible Gambling Foundation (MLT)
- AGOG (NL)
- National Council on Problem Gambling (SGP)
- National Responsible Gambling Problem Gambling Counselling Line (SA)
Some bingo bonuses offer huge amounts of free tickets or free spins. As human conditioning goes, every once in a while there will be someone who’ll try to take advantage of the system, even if they don’t have the right to do so. It’s even possible for someone to abuse a bonus without knowing it. That’s why it’s always important to be fully aware of the bonus terms and conditions. It prevents bonus abuse, and you’re always aware of the rules, restrictions, obligations, as well as the T’s & C’s.
Abusing a bonus may lead to the cancelling of the bonus, as well as some or all your winnings. In some cases, it even results in a ban from the entire bingo site, and most likely from all its sister sites as well.
Some common ways of bonus abusing are, for example, redeeming several welcome bonuses from one bingo site to the same household. We want to underline that this is something players should never do, and bingo sites will notice this type of abuse very fast if the same person has created more than one account on the same bingo site. Many times, bingo sites state that the welcome bonuses are meant for only one person per household or IP address. This means that if a family member living in the same house plays on the same bingo site, it is not possible to redeem two first deposit bonuses from this bingo site, even though there would be two different persons playing. It’s also good to know that, sometimes, bonus offers are specific to certain countries and that these bonuses cannot be redeemed abroad.